- Stall hire is £15- £25 depending on the venue. This includes: a trestle table approx 1.8m x 0.6m and maybe a chair (depending on availability at the venue) and a space up to 0.7m at the side where you can display one large item like a pushchair, cot or a clothes rail.
- All stalls must be booked through the website www.mum2mummarket.co.uk and paid for in advance. No stalls are available for cash hire on the day.
- All venues are indoors.
- Each stall may be manned by up to 2 people
- Sellers may enter the venue one hour before the sale and must be fully set up by the start time. Last admission for sellers is 15 minutes before the start time Transactions are only permitted between the start and finish times. Sellers must remove all unsold goods, display equipment and clear all rubbish from their sales area within half an hour after the end of the sale.
- Stall hire bookings should be made online. Bookings are subject to availability and are made on a first come, first served basis
- Payment should be made at the time of booking through our fast and secure online booking system. The booking is not complete until payment has been made. The stallholder fee is non refundable. So please check your dates carefully before you book.
- The stallholder fee is non refundable. So please check your dates carefully before you book. If an event is cancelled you will be offered an alternative.
- By paying the stallholder fee, you agree to the terms and conditions of mum2mum market.
- When you make your booking please make sure that your email address and postal address are correct. If you don't hear from us to confirm your booking please email us.
- Once you have made your booking we will send you a sellers pack 2 weeks before the sale date. Please read it! This contains stallholder information and selling tips to help you get the pricing and presentation right to maximise your sales on the day.
- Clothes rails are available for hire at many venues. Rails may be booked at the time of stall booking by selecting the option on the drop down menu. Surplus rails may be available to hire on the day subject to availability.
- If you hire a clothes rail this will be a standard sized rail approx 80cm wide and height adjustable. We don't supply hangers. If you are bringing your own rail then please make sure it will fit in the space allocated (as a guide it should be less that 90cm wide)
- If your preferred mum2mum market is already sold out, contact us to be added to a waiting list. At some venues we might be able to hire additional space if there is sufficient demand.
Goods for sale
- Bookings are strictly for quality preloved goods only. If you have items on your stall that do not meet this requirement we may ask you to remove them.
- All goods must be intended for maternity, babies and children up to the age of 6.
- All items should be complete and electronic toys should be in working order with full instructions where possible.
- It is advisable not to sell: cot mattresses - except travel cot mattresses (due to increased risk of cot death), clothes which have a drawstring neck, soft toys with loose or missing parts, anything which is broken, stained, ripped or generally in poor condition. Puzzles and games should be complete. Some people do want to buy secondhand car seats but there is low demand and selling price will be low.
- Toys and equipment should comply with British Safety Standards
- Toys: Any toy which is supplied either new or secondhand must comply with a set of “essential safety
requirements”. If you bought your goods new in the UK in the last few years they should comply with these standards- but if you are unsure here's a quick guide to what they cover.....
Physical and Mechanical Properties - e.g. loose facial feature, sharp edges, finger trapping hazards,flammability, chemical properties - e.g. paint must not contain excessive amounts of lead or other metals, electrical properties - e.g. toys must not operate at a voltage exceeding 24V
Hygiene - e.g. toys must not present a risk of infection. Children frequently put toys in their mouths. Ensure that all toys are clean and where possible washed prior to supply or offering for supply.
Toys which are covered must be marked with appropriate instructions and warnings for safe use.
Toys are defined in the legislation as “any product or material designed or intended for use in play by
children under the age of 14 years”. (Some examples of items NOT classed as toys are listed here: Christmas decorations, detailed scale models for adult collectors such as CORGI Cars, fashion jewellery for children, puzzles with more than 500 pieces.)
- Hoods on Children’s Outer Clothing: The requirements relate to outer garments (defined as raincoat, overcoat, anorak or other garment
You should not supply or offer to supply such a garment which has a hood designed to be secured by means of a cord drawn through the material.
- Prams and Pushchairs All prams and pushchairs, whether new or secondhand must comply with British Standard
7409:1996 or an equivalent European standard.
Look for the label stating that the pram or pushchair complies with this standard or its equivalent. These labels are usually found on the frame or seat covering. If no label exists then it may be difficult to establish whether the item does comply with the standard. If the pram/pushchair has been damaged or modified itmay no longer meet the requirements of the Standard.
The pram/pushchair must also comply with the Furniture Furnishing (Fire) (Safety) Regulations 1988. It must carry a permanent label indicating this, with the words “Carelessness Causes Fire”. Check that the label is present. If not, then the pram/pushchair must not be supplied or offered for supply. If in any doubt, do not supply or offer the item for supply.
Any stall selling new goods or services is deemed to be a ‘Business stall’. In addition to the standard terms and conditions of stall booking all business stallholders must comply with the following in order to trade at a mum2mum market.
- All Business stalls must have their own Public Liability Insurance. This can either be shown on the day or emailed in advance. You will not be allowed to set up your stall without it
- All Business stalls must trade legally and comply with all laws related to running a business. Items which do not comply with current safety legislation will not be permitted for sale. Handmade dummy clips and other items with small parts designed for babies may not be sold.
- We endeavour to have only one business stall of each type at an event. However we are predominantly a nearly new stall and there may be nearly new stalls selling similar items secondhand.
- All Businesses must ensure that their stall and any displays are set up safely.
- Food stall holders are responsible for complying with specific Food Hygiene requirements and must hold the relevant certificates and registrations required by a food business along with suitable public liability insurance.
Stallholders are responsible for their own stall security. mum2mum market accepts no responsibility for loss, theft or damage. mum2mum market accept no responsibility or liability for the quality or condition of items purchased at a mum2mum market. Purchases are made entirely at the individual's own risk, all items are sold as seen. mum2mum market accept no responsibility for sellers' or buyers' property on the sale day and accept no liability for loss or damage however caused. All persons who enter the market at their own risk
Stallholders are responsible for the safety of their own stall (should set their stall up in a safe way to avoid accidents)
Ready to sell your used baby and children's clothes, toys, books and equipment?
Book your Stall.